The meeting is organized by WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Mental Health ASUI Trieste with World Health Organization and will feature WHO QualityRights Programme, its implementation in Europe and globally, as well as the new WHO initiative to identify examples of good practice community based services that respect the rights and promote recovery.
Services and supports that:
- are people-centred
- operate without coercion
- respond to people’s needs
- support recovery
- promote autonomy and inclusion in line with international human rights standards.
The Trieste model and its regional developments will be presented as an example of whole system change.
The meeting will also include:
- WHO QualityRights overview and global implementation
- WHO Euro QualityRights country presentations
- Meetings between national focal points and the experts of best practice modules
- The Trieste model and its implementation in the Region and else where in the world
- Recommendations of the phasing out of psychiatric hospitals
- Empowerment networks
- Good practices of social enterprises and job placement
- International cooperation (California, Argentina, UK, The Netherlands, Czech Republic and Serbia among others)
- Study visits to Services in Trieste and the Region (on request-few places available)